Monday, October 27, 2008

Genevieve


I drew this little lady for the first Make-Believe-Monday challenge. It is a good thing I didn't have to work today because I was so inspired by this group starting up I was pretty much useless. There are things I would change if I were to do it all over again, but in general, it is what I had in mind.

And here is a little poem that Emily challenged me to create about Genevieve:

Genevieve brushed her silken coat,
And curled her lovely tresses.
She shadowed her eyes,
And said her good byes.
Did I mention she never wore dresses?

She waited atleast half an hour,
But no taxi would give her a ride.
Each one sped away
As she stood in dismay,
So she gave up and went back inside.

"Oh why do I always have trouble
Finding rides when I want to go out?
Is my grooming an issue?
Does my nose need a tissue?"
So she sat down to have a long pout.

But before she could ruin her make-up
A clamor arose on the street.
She drew open the curtain
And then knew for certain
She was in for a wonderful treat.

For there stood her special friend Dave
With his shiny red Volkswagen bug.
"Hey, we've got a date.
I don't want to be late"
And he gave her a big hairy hug!

2 comments:

LindaLou6279 said...

That was awesome. Now THAT is what I call poetry. Way to go!

Kate said...

That was great!! Now I want to see a drawing of DAVE! :-D